About the Role
1. Drive, identify, diagnose, and repair customer vehicles.
2. Provide thorough and detailed inspections on each vehicle assigned. Document your findings in the shop management software under recommendations.
3. Communicate with service advisor recommendations, concerns, and additional information procured from vehicle inspection and report.
4. Perform and recommend maintenance services on different makes and models of vehicles.
5. Maintain a clean and safe work environment. This includes the tech’s work bays, workbenches, lifts, equipment, tools, and customer vehicles. Wipe down touch points and use mats inside vehicles.
6. Stay vigilant with continuing education and training. We should all constantly be learning.
State of Michigan mechanic licenses or ASE certifications in one or more.
· Steering and suspension
· Engine repair
· Engine performance
· Heating & AC
· Automatic transmission/transaxle
· Manual drivetrain and axles
· Electrical/electronic systems
Strong written and verbal skills, good analytical skills, ability to type and use technology, ability to use wide array of tools to perform necessary repairs. An ideal technician is a team player, goal oriented, has a passion for cars, and a willingness to constantly learn and improve.
About the Company
We are a small family owned business that operates out of 6 bays. Our goal is to be a vehicle service leader fueled by passion, transparency, and quality work. We’ll do whatever it takes to earn our customers trust. We believe in providing the highest level of service in all areas of our expertise.